Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Crazy Sex

Okay, so I opened a can of worms yesterday with all that Thanks and Giving stuff I was going on about. Specifically, the crazy sex part.

I can't help myself. It's on my mind.

Yah see, winter is coming. We Canucks need to keep our blood flowing and crazy sex...even sane sex...is just the ticket to do that. Keep the blood flowing. Wouldn't want to freeze to death now would we?

You think I jest. Ha. I jest not.

But wait, here's some cheerful information that makes freezing to death sound like a viable option.

Rumour has it that once menopause finally hits full on, the old sex drive (mine comes as a 1966 Chevy II, three on-the-tree, slant six (194), four door...all original) dies a sharp, ugly death, then dries up and blows away.

Far, far away.

Say it isn't so!

After 35 years of managing 'fear of pregnancy', you'd think there would be a few years of free wheelin, chandelier hanging, giddy-up and yahoo go crazy sex to look forward to.

But noooooo.

Prunes.

We turn into dried up, sour puss prunes.

How cruel is that.

Sue Richards

5 Comments:

Blogger Scottish Toodler said...

That sounds like some sort of AMA crap. I have never heard that from any woman that has gone through menopause and they just LOVE telling me horror stories! (Like women talking about giving birth, etc.) Anyhow, I don't believe it and neither should you. REBEL!!! PS-- passing your site along to all my women friends who like to scare me, hahahaha...PS-- love your blogger name... Breasts rule!

10/09/2005 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sue,

My sex drive has yet to plunge...in fact I am still on overdrive. My problem is total lack of it!!! I was so afraid of this happening when I entered forced menopause but I went on estrogen right away which I think helped. But I already had a sex drive that was in OVERDRIVE so perhaps that's what has helped me...LOL

RB

10/09/2005 06:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,
No, Sue, I will tell you it is not true. Indeed, as you imply, liberated from fear of pregnancy, some women enter into a new lease of life. However fatigue and other perimenopausal symptoms are not necessarily conducive to a healthy sex drive. But, apart from that there is no earthly reason why sex drive should be affected. Performance is another matter since vaginal atrophy can interfere, and require added lubrication. But the loss of interest is a myth that comes from an ancient belief that a postmenopausal woman is no longer of benefit to society, her species renewing powers having vanished (except perhaps in Italy). On the contrary the post menopausal woman has every bit as much if not more to contribute. Long may you reign.

The other thing you keep touching on, the total unpredictability of menstruation, is a troubling one. One of the things we are supposed to be hyper alert to because, yes, unfortunately it is linked to cancer, is 'post-menopausal' bleeding. But how does the average woman tell a coquetish period from post-menopausal bleeding. This tends to be very anxiety provoking.
Michael

10/09/2005 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Use it and you won't lose it.

10/10/2005 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

All,

Seems I touched a nerve her with my dry up and blow away talk.

I like all your comments.

I'll keep the chandlier.

Sue

10/10/2005 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home